15 September 2006

 

Clarence Rosario: September 15, 2006 -- "500"

Thanks for letting me barge in, Stephen. Never thought I'd go this deep in the well for my first post here, but nothing like a mid-90s atmospheric to start a rainy day...

"500" by Lush
LyricsFreak
Amazon Sample Clip

This is actually from yesterday, when I was walking my dogs in Central Park at 7am in the rain. Usually, mid-90s shoe-gazing chanteuse artists don't spring into my consciousness these days (cf. Belly, Velocity Girl, The Breeders, Golden Palominos, Single Gun Theory, One Dove...sheesh, what a phase that was...).

But it was raining, the dogs were soaked, and I just wanted them to shake before going inside. "500" lyrics begin: "Shake, baby, shake, you know I can fit you in my arms". That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comments:
Hmmmm, sounds like Tracy Ullman or Throwing Muses or something. So an 'A' for variety - I've never heard a Lush song before.
 
Tracy Ullman...I LOL'd.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?