08 September 2006

 

Genesis 2

I started my last blog with an entry titled "Genesis" so... it's also in keeping with the religious tone. The idea is that a psalm is a "sacred song", but I'd say that most songs are sacred, so most are psalms. They aren't all sacred to me, but under the right circumstances any song could be sacred to any person - if it gets you closer to God.

Now, the disclaimer is that I'm not a Christian, but this is the religious language of my culture so it's the best way to communicate "those" feelings. It resonates. Rhythm is a hearbeat, and a heartbeat is life, and life is god. But that's not really it. More like music wakes up something, or creates a feeling, maybe it's just excitement, but it's real and that's where it comes from, and it's always been there for me.

This blog will record my song of the day. I wake up with a song in my head most days, and the only way to get it out is to listen to it. So let me share that with you. Not all of the songs will come from that place though, and an entry every day is an ambitious goal. But you've got to start somewhere.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?