26 September 2006

 

September 25, 2006

"Story of My Life" by Social Distortion
Yahoo Music Jukebox
Rhapsody
Lyrics Freak


I didn't like Social Distortion in the 80's and 90's. They seemed boring - all their songs sounded alike. But recently, I've taken a real shine to their stuff, especially the eponymous album and it's finest track, "Story of My Life". It's everything that used to bug me about Social Distortion, slow pace, straightforward rock'n'roll, predictable lyrics. But that doesn't matter. It's catchy as hell, the lyrics are strike a chord, and Mike Ness sings with feeling and power.

"So I sit at the edge of my bed, I strum my guitar and I sing an outlaw love song." Is it really necessary to point out the genius here?

Comments:
I love this song, and this band. Saw them in 1986, and 20 years later, at the Fillmore in SF this year before I moved. 20 years between seeing them, and they blow me away every time.
 
So glad you're back!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?