17 October 2006

 

Clarence Rosario: October 17, 2006 -- "Boyz In The Hood"

"Boyz In The Hood" by Dynamite Hack
iTunes
Lyrics

Crap, I'm on a roll. I couldn't resist this one, since it came up on my ShuffleLog last night while I was running in Central Park.

Usually, when I'm running, I dig the more upbeat songs to keep my mind off of the fact that, inexplicably, I'm voluntarily running in Central Park. But the notion of two white guys -- who sound like they should be doing Nelson covers on MTV Unplugged -- doing an acoustic rendition of NWA's "Boyz In The Hood" is just too awesome to pass up. Especially when two white guys with acoustic guitars reprazent:

Cruisin' down the street in my 6-fo'
Jockin' the bitches, slappin' the ho's

Don't hate the playah. Hate the game.

By the way, what sort of funky misanthrope does the lyrics at lyricsdepot.com? "Butt ass hell and I wanna get ill"? Damn, my dogs could probably do better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?