14 October 2006

 

October 14, 2006

"Flying" by Chris Isaak
Yahoo Music Jukebox
Rhapsody
LyricsFreak


If fIREHOSE is the band I think I might have become, Chris Isaak is the guy I've never been and will never be. But that doesn't mean I don't like any of his music. In fact, I like about 15% of it, and this song just got stuck in my head.

It's a pretty little ditty about a short affair in Paris. We can all identify with the main sentiment: met her on Monday, on Tuesday I was flying. But then when she leaves on Wednesday, Friday finds him crying. That's where he kind of loses me. First, what happened on Thursday? Maybe he didn't notice she was gone, or thought she was coming back. Maybe Thursday just isn't as lyrical? Then the tearful Friday... what can you say? The guy is a wuss. Sure, it's nice that he's tender and he fell for the girl and all, but he's gonna get all teary about some little Frenchy he just met on Monday?? That's just not right.

Thus further proving, I'm no Chris Isaak.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?